Round 4 Preview
Only 3 rounds in and some teams already look done and dusted for the season at 0 from 3 and others are flying, or are they? It’s a long season but let’s find a few winners this round shall we…
Port Adelaide ($3.20) vs Melbourne ($1.35)
- Port 0 from 3
- After the siren loss in the Showdown
- Dees flying
It’s hard to see port beating the Dees in this and looking at their next couple games, there’s every chance Port could start the season 0-5. Expect Port’s defence to keep this from being a blowout but can’t see them being able to win.
Cats ($1.78) vs Lions ($2.05)
- Cracking clash of the felines!
- Controversial finish in this clash last year!
- Cats impressive comeback against Pies
- Lions 3 from 3 after flogging North Melbourne
We all know how tough it can be for teams to travel to GMHBA Stadium and come away with a win, and whilst the Lions have had a soft run early beating Port, Essendon and North, they will be will prepared for their stiffest test of the season thus far. The Lions to get the job done!
Swans ($1.08) vs Nth Melb ($7.75)
- North Melbourne really struggling. Again.
- Buddy quiet in Swans loss last week
- Swans to be far too good back at the SCG
Let’s keep this one brief, the Swans have been priced to run away with this and that’s what they’ll do. Let’s look for some goal kicking flair to bank some cash. Buddy might have had a bit of a hangover from the week prior and no way he’ll be kept quiet again. Buddy to kick 4+ @ $2.90
Pies ($1.30) vs West Coast ($3.50)
- Pies hunted down by the Cats last week
- First loss for the season and new coach McRae
- West Coast 0-3
- Pies to bounce back at Marvel
Collingwood couldn’t hold off Geelong last week but face an opponent who have been rocked by Covid in the West Coast Eagles, who are yet to win this season. All things considered, it’s hard to see West Coast being at their best away from home, especially considering the way the Pies have played their footy to start the season.
Tigers ($2.60) vs Bulldogs ($1.50)
- Big clash for Richmond
- Tigers just not the team they were
- Bulldogs need this sitting 1 from 3
- Richmond only won 3 from last 19 games…
Richmond, and their fans, have had a good run of it in recent times but let’s face it – they’re no longer a threat in the competition. Although only round 4, this game shapes as a must win for their 2022 season hopes. Similar could be said for the Bulldogs who overcame the Swans last round to grab their first win of the season. They need to be winning this, and winning well.
Fremantle ($1.78) vs GWS ($2.05)
- Bloody hard game to decipher
- Dockers thrashed the Eagles
- GWS 26 point victors against Suns
- Optus Stadium the deciding factor?!
GWS haven’t fared too well when travelling over to Optus Stadium but besides that, it’s pretty hard to separate these two. It’s without great confidence, but considering Fremantle get the home ground advantage and are fresh off a big win, I’ll back them to win 1-39.
Essendon ($1.45) vs Crows ($2.75)
- Bombers again find themselves 0 from 3 to start a season
- Can they get the W against a struggling Crows?
- Bombers won the last 4 against Adelaide
- Crows flying high after Showdown success
Bombers fans have had yet another pre season of hype blow up in their faces early in the season. They come into this winless in 2022 but get their best chance of the season to notch up a win against a Crows side who are unlikely to back up last weeks heroics (if you can call it that). One last chance for the Bombers from me.
Hawthorn ($2.05) vs St Kilda ($1.78)
- Decent clash & evenly matched
- Hawks 2 from 3 and playing well
- Saints fast finishes against Tigers last week
I’m expecting this to be the match of the round or very close to it. Two very evenly matched sides that have started the season well. Whilst I agree the Saints deserve to be favourites I would expect Hawthorn to be more than competitive. Tight tussle = Either team to win by less than 15.5 points @ $2.55.
Suns ($2.45) vs Carlton ($1.57)
- Vossy is taking the Bluebaggers back to the glory days!
- Blues looking to go 4 and 0
- Suns went with the Dees a fortnight ago
Well, the lid is well and truly off at Lygon Street as Carlton look to go 4 from 4 against the Suns in the final clash of the round. Vossy has got the bluebaggers up and about and who could blame their loyal fans for their excitement. The Suns were able to stay in touch with the Dees a fortnight ago and you’d think this shapes as a similar contest. Carlton 1-39.
Good luck & good punting!
*All prices and lines are correct as of the time of writing & are courtesy of Ladbrokes, who are offering $2 lines on Thursday & Friday games during Round 4. T&C’s apply, check their website for more details.
Gamble Responsibly – 1800 858 858