1. The Promoter is: Punt Club Pty Ltd 39 Rundle St, Kent Town, SA 5067 ABN 60 138 625 055
2. Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition and also accepting the terms and conditions on the competition landing page are both deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition, these Terms and Conditions will prevail.
Who can enter
4. Entry is open to all residents of Australia, they must be over the age of 18, except employees of Punt Club, their immediate families and their associated companies and agencies. Immediate family includes the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de facto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or first cousin.
5. Punt Club reserves the right to require that entrants provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity or proof of registration ownership in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of Punt Club. If the winning entrant cannot provide suitable proof, the winning entrant will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
6. It is a condition of entry that entrants satisfy Racing Australia’s Australian Rules of Racing and racehorse ownership requirements. Each entrant acknowledges that if he or she wins the prize, they must notify Punt Club (the horse share will be raced as part of “The Punt Club Syndicate”) and the Registrar of Racing Information Services Australia Pty Ltd (Registrar) if:
- During the past 10 years, he or she has been convicted of any offences involving violence against a person or dishonest or criminal activity; or
- There is a charge pending against him or her for any of the above offences; or
- He or she has ever been convicted under the Australian Rules of Racing or the rules of any racing authority. The winning entrant’s eligibility to claim the prize is subject to the Registrar’s approval. If the entrant is not approved by the Registrar, the winning entrant will forfeit the prize and the prize will be deemed unclaimed.
How to enter
7. Details of how to enter the competition are set out on the Punt Club website (www.puntclub.com.au)
8. To enter the competition, just like our post, and give our horse a name. The name with the most likes wins, so get creative and start coming up with names to go racing. You’ll get a 2.5% share worth $3,175 inc GST plus the first year in training fees, total prize value $4,500.
a.) The competition will run from Monday 25th January to Friday 26th February 2021 at 11:59 pm ACDT. horse names must be submitted during that period from eligible entrants.
9. Total prize value is $AUD 4,500 (including 2.5% share of horse + GST, and trainer fees for that share in 2021).
10. The horse is a gelding by KERMADEC X LOVE FOR RANSOM to be raced with Proven Thoroughbreds, the Punt Club Syndicate and currently Trained in NSW by Joe Pridehttps://proventhoroughbreds.com.au/11. The competition closes at 11:59pm ACDT on Friday 26th February.
12. The winning entrant (i.e the horse name with the most likes) will be contacted by Punt Club and also posted on social channels on Tuesday 2nd March 2021.
13. Punt Club will provide the winning voucher receipt for the purchase/ownership of the 2.5% share as part of the The Punt Club Syndicate and Proven Thoroughbreds. If time permits Punt Club will submit the Winning/Most Popular name forward on behalf of the Punt Club Syndicate, we will select some more names that were submitted as back up names as there are no guarantees we will get the first name submitted approved. If those names are successful, the entrant that submitted that name is not entitled to the share in the horse.For the avoidance of doubt,
- No monies will be provided directly to the winning entrant with all transactions taking place between Punt Club Syndicate and Proven Thoroughbreds. The Punt Club Syndicate will handle all billing, invoices and payments directly with the winners of this share in a horse competition. The Punt Club Syndicate will handle payments with Proven Thoroughbreds also i.e Levy, Trainers Fees etc. for 2021 only.
- Training (including spelling and pre-training), bloodstock insurance, race and jockey fees and any on-going costs associated with the share in the horse will not be paid for this 2.5% share beyond 31st December 2021.That will be the winning entrant’s responsibility from January 1st 2022.
- Winning/Most Popular name wins share in horse, doesn’t guarantee the name approved by Syndicate/Registrar for horse.
Proven Thoroughbreds • Racehorse Syndication Excitement, Engagement, Experience. That’s Proven Thoroughbreds. Horse racing ownership made affordable!
14. If the Racehorse is for some reason sold the winning entrant will receive the net proceeds of sale based on the percentage share they own less any fees owing.
15. Punt Club does not provide any warranty or accept any liability in relation to the quality or performance of the Racehorse, the number of races the Racehorse will compete in, the value of prize-winnings the Racehorse will win or the value of any prize. Any decision regarding the health of the Racehorse or the entry of the Racehorse into any race will be at the absolute discretion of the trainer of the Racehorse, Proven Bloodstock or the relevant racing authority.
16. Punt Club is not liable for any loss of potential prize-winnings or earnings if the Racehorse becomes injured, becomes ill or dies and is unable to race. Please check Proven Thoroughbreds as the Proven Guarantee will apply for this share in the horse.
17. Independent financial advice can be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
18. Prizes cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash.
19. All entrants agree that if they win the prize, they will give consent for Punt Club and Proven Thoroughbreds to promote and market their story and/or photographs to any media or social media platforms.
20. Punt Club Syndicate registered number is 095738 . Syndicate manager is Jason Neave.
Further Terms & Conditions
21. Punt Club reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of Punt Club corrupts or affects the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the competition. Punt Club will disqualify and remove any individual who has impacted the integrity of the entry process or any other aspect of this competition.
22. Punt Club and its associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
23. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, Punt Club reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the entrant must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and prize supplier’s requirements.
24. Punt Club reserves the right to redraw the prize if an entrant that wins the prize is unable to satisfy these terms and conditions.
25. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders Punt Club’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, Punt Club may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions.
26. Punt Club does not exclude any rights and remedies in respect of goods or services under the Australian Consumer Law in the Competition and Consumer Act (2010) (Cth) which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. However, the remainder of this clause will apply to the fullest extent permitted by law and Punt Club shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. Punt Club is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by entrant or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, Gamble Responsibly. Call 1800 858 858.deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
27. Entry constitutes an entrant’s consent to receive promotional emails from Punt Club or Proven Thoroughbreds. An entrant has the option to decline promotional messages by clicking the unsubscribe link on the received email or by emailing “unsubscribe” to firstname.lastname@example.orgGamble Responsibly. Call 1800 858 858.